CALTEX REGIONAL PROMOTION: FUEL UP FOR R250 & STAND A CHANCE TO WIN
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully. The Terms set out below apply to all participants entering the Caltex regional promotion (“Promotion”) conducted by Astron Energy (Pty) Ltd (“Promoter”). If you do not agree to be bound by all of the Terms, then please refrain from entering the Competition. Instructions on how to enter into the promotion and all prizes form part of the Terms. Participation in the promotion is deemed to be your acceptance of the Terms and an acknowledgement of your legal capacity to enter the Competition. Entries not complying with any of the Terms will be invalid and be of no force and effect.
- Eligible Contestants:
- The promotion is open to all South African permanent residents and all South African citizens over the age of 18 with a valid driver’s license/ temp license, except for Excluded Contestants (“Eligible Contestants”). The promotion will only take place in the Republic of South Africa.
- Excluded Contestants:
- The promotion is not open to the directors, the members, the business partners, and the employees of the Promoter, and the Promotor’s sales agents, advertising agency staff, advisors, consultants, associated companies, and the supplier of any goods or services in connection with the Competition, (including but not limited to Astron Energy (Pty) Ltd, Caltex Service Stations, Orlando Pirates Football Club, Avatar Agency (Pty) Ltd, Wavemaker Global, Standard Bank South Africa, Fresh Stop, Mojang Attorneys, Sapphire Logistics (Pty) Ltd, Known Associates (Pty) Ltd, Flume Communications (Pty) Limited and the immediate family members of aforesaid persons (including, but not limited to, spouses, life partners, parents and children), and any other person who is controlled directly or indirectly by the Promotor, as well as the associated companies of entities or persons mentioned in this clause 2, including holding companies and subsidiaries, their employees, agents, subsidiaries and consultants. The promotion is also not open to any of the Promotors service station operators, staff and their immediate families (including, but not limited to, spouses, life partners, parents and children).
- The promotion will commence on the Monday, 16 March 2020 at 00h01 and will end on Monday, 30 March 2020 at 23h59.
- The promotion will run at selected Caltex service stations in the Cape Town and Durban regions. Please see list of participating Caltex service stations at the end of these Terms & Conditions.
- Any entries received outside of the Duration of the promotion will be deemed invalid, will be disqualified automatically, and will not be considered.
- Entry Mechanism & Entry Conditions:
- In order to enter the Competition, an Eligible Contestant must:
- Purchase R250.00 (two hundred and fifty rand) or more worth of Fuel at any of the Promotor’s participating service stations located in the Republic of South Africa (“Fuel Transaction”) within the Duration of the Competition, request their cash receipt and retain their receipt as proof of purchase; and enter via the following channel:
- dial *120*327*50# and follow the prompts to answer & keep their receipt as proof of purchase for verification purposes. The participant will then be successfully entered into the Competition. Do not send an SMS to *120*327*50#
- Participants will be liable for the standard rates that apply at 20c (twenty cents) per 20 (twenty) seconds – Different networks are subject to charge different rates.
- Due to network restrictions, the USSD session will timeout after 120 (one hundred and twenty) seconds.
- Free minutes do not apply.
- Incomplete entries will be billed to the relevant service provider.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for telecommunication failure on the part of the Eligible Contestant’s service provider.
- An Eligible Contestant must enter on a cell phone that is owned and registered to that Eligible Contestant. No other person can use another person’s cell phone or cell phone number for the entry into the Competition. If it is discovered that an Eligible Contestant has entered on a cell phone or a cell phone number that is not registered to that Eligible Contestant, he/she will automatically cease to be an Eligible Contestant, will be disqualified, and will be required to refund to the Promoter any prize(s) that such Eligible Contestant may have received from the Promoter. This is to avoid fraud and ensure compliance to the Consumer Protection Act, 2009.
- An Eligible Contestant is expected to be the owner of that cell phone and no person can enter the promotion using more than one cell phone number. This is to avoid additional fraud being conducted by multiple SIM card owners.
- The cell phone number is key to all entries. If an Eligible Contestant has won on a cell phone number, they cannot use another cell phone number in order to be contacted further. Eligible Contestants must enter using a phone number that is contactable during office hours i.e. 08h00 to 17h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
- Number of entries:
- Eligible Contestants are allowed to enter as many times as they like, but only from one cell phone number. Eligible Contestants are only eligible to win once for the Duration of the Competition, and only one entry will be allowed for each Fuel Transaction.
- Eligible Contestants can enter as many times as they want during the promotional period provided that each valid entry is accompanied by an independent proof of fuel/diesel purchase is required to validate your entry. Independent proof of fuel/diesel purchase must be obtained on the day, or day(s) prior to, which an entrant is selected as a winner.
- Only transactions that occurred during the promotional period will be validated. Transactions that fall outside the promotional period of 16 March 2020 – 30 March 2020 will be considered invalid.
- Multiple entries are permitted, however each promotion entry must be for separate purchases of R 250.00 (Two hundred and fifty rand) or more (in a single purchase) on fuel/diesel and in accordance with entry requirements. Multiple entries of the same purchase will result in immediate disqualification.
- If any entry is/was made in a manner which in the Promoter’s discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a Participant will be disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the Promoter.
- A winner may only win once during the promotional period (i.e. eligible for 1x R1000 Caltex Fuel Voucher)
Eligible Contestants stand a chance to win the following prizes:
CAPE TOWN PRIZES:
1 X R1000 Caltex Fuel Voucher
70 (Quantity available during the promotional period)
1 X R1000 Caltex Fuel Voucher
70 (Quantity available during the promotional period)
- Selection of a Winner:
- Winner(s) will be selected from the pool of valid entries of Eligible Contestants.
- Winner(s) will be randomly selected by means of an electronic random draw daily for the Duration of the Competition.
- The draws will take into consideration all entries received on the day on which the last draw was conducted up until the day before the next draw.
- Finalists will be contacted via telephone within 15 working days of the draw date, to verify their contact details. The organizers will endeavour to contact Winners post final prize selections.
- A potential prize Winner is not an actual Winner until his/her status as an Eligible Contestant is confirmed, their entry submission is validated and his/her qualifying documents (including proof of the Fuel Transaction) are completed and submitted to the Promoter or someone nominated by the Promoter.
- The Winners will be required to provide a copy of his/her Drivers or Learners License as required in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 as well as their proof of fuel purchase if required. If the Winner fails to provide requested documentation within 48hours (2) day from being requested to do so, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and shall have no claim against the Promoter.
- Contacting of a Winner:
- The company nominated by the Promotor in this case being, (Known Associates Pty Ltd) will contact a potential prize Winner by telephone (“Telephone Call”) to the cell phone number used to enter the promotion by that potential prize Winner.
- Such contacted potential prize Winner will then be required to provide proof of the Fuel Transaction, a copy of their ID, valid driver’s license/ temp driver license and a Winners release form (which will be provided by the company nominated by the Promotor – Known Associates Pty Ltd) within 24 hours from receiving the Telephone Call by the company nominated by the Promotor, failing or refusing to do so for any reason, the potential Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoters.
- The Organizers will endeavour to contact a Winner once every day for 2 consecutive working days after their name is drawn and entry has been finalized and leave a text message (if possible to do so), in order to verify their details. However, if the Winner cannot be reached and does not return the call within 24 hours of the last voice message being left on the second working day of attempting to contact a Winner, the prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the provisions of the Terms.
- Entrants’ and Winners’ personal information will be handled in accordance with clause 14 below.
- Validation of a Winner:
- The company nominated by the Promotor, in this case being, (Known Associates Pty Ltd) will be responsible for all Winner validation and prize distribution.
- Winner Prize Redemption:
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any delay in delivery or failure of safe delivery of prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of residency address (to the Promoter’s satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. All personal information will be handled in accordance with clause 14 below.
- Prizes, or any unused portion thereof, are non-refundable, non-transferable or exchangeable and the Winner indemnifies the Promoter and its representatives against any harm in experiencing or using a prize.
- The prizes are valued up to what is listed above. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prizes’ value or the actual prizes.
- Forfeiture of the prize:
- The courier will attempt to deliver the prize once. If the delivery is unsuccessful, the prize will be returned, and it will be the Winner’s responsibility to claim or collect the prize at their cost. If a prize has not been claimed or collected after 72 (seventy two) hours of it being returned to the Promoter by a Winner, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the Winner to claim the prize, then the prize will be forfeited and will be allocated to a new Eligible Contestant that is selected in accordance with the provisions of the Terms. The Promoter and its promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers and organisers shall not be responsible for any decline of acceptance of prizes for any reason.
- The prizes may not be awarded (and entries disqualified) if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the Promoter detects and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- Limitation of Liability:
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Competition.
- If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to terminate this promotion with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event, all Entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion and or prize/s except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, including without limitation, technical malfunctions or failures or warranties (including warranties and functionalities of the prizes).
- Promotor’s Decision Final:
- The Promoter’s decisions on all issues regarding the promotion will be final, binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter also reserves the right to:
- correct any errors or omissions regarding the Competition, including on any published material; or
- suspend or terminate the Competition, on written notice at any time, and such cancellation or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of such notice.
- The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Use of Personal Information:
- The Promoter collects personal information about entrants (including identification, contact and address information) in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate, verify their identity to award and deliver prizes. Personal information will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at https://www.caltex.com/za/privacy-statement.html and may be used for other purposes as set out in the Privacy Statement
- Publication of Winner(s):
- Eligible Contestants that are selected as Winners consent to having their names published in the following media:
- on the Promotor’s website i.e. winwithcaltex.co.za
- via SMS and sent to the entire database of Eligible Contestants
- via the Promotor’s Facebook page (@Caltex SÁ – https://www.facebook.com/CaltexSA/)
- Further Participation by a Winner:
- The Promoter may, after a Winner has been publicly announced, request that such Winner agrees in writing or otherwise to endorse, promote and advertise the goods or services of the Promoter, at no cost or expense to the Winner. The Winner may also be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcasting or publishing purposes and hereby consent to having their photograph taken for all press releases and/or social media. . The winner shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request.
- Prize Winners, on acceptance of prizes, may be requested to be identified in publicity, broadcastings or publications with Caltex’s internal or external communications including social media. Upon winning, their names (first name, last initial and town of residence) may also be announced on the Caltex Facebook page. Winners that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise.
- Participants warrant that they have full rights to the content that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and comments, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images, comments or any part thereof, in any and all media for the Promoter’s business purposes, including promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants. Such permission is perpetual and irrevocable. Participants release and agree to hold harmless the Promoter and all acting with their authority from any liability for such use and from any other claims arising from such use.
- Social media sites include but is not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Original content includes but is not limited to, any piece of written content, audio or visual video or sound clips, images, photos.
- If participants include any personal information of third parties in content that they upload or other information provided to the Promoter for purposes of the Competition, they must be legally permitted to provide such information and to grant the permission referred to in clause 14 in respect of such information. Each participant indemnifies the Promoter against any losses suffered or claims made against the Promoter as a result of the participant not being legally permitted to provide such information or grant the Promoter permission to use it.
- Content created for the promotion may not be in any way derogatory or harmful to any party; public, entrants or promoters. Such content shall be removed and the creator banned from the site. Content which is seen to do the following shall be removed from the site and the creator will be banned: content that is perceived to be spam, the collection of personal information, content that serves a commercial purpose or content that is deemed malicious. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any such content from the without prior warning. The Promoter reserves the right to judge these pieces of content and will use their own discretion in determining whether or not they are outside the guidelines set out in these terms and conditions.
- All Eligible Contestants and Winners indemnify the Promoter, its directors, employees, contractors, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and agents against any risks, loss, claims or ownership arising from:
- the use or disposal of the prize including, but not limited to, accident, injury, harm, or loss;
- their participation in the Competition, including any costs associated with such participation;
- any subsequent transfer or exchange of the prize; and/or iv. any lawful cancellation or termination of the promotion or the correction of any errors or omissions within the Duration of the Competition.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction:
- Independent registered auditors and/or attorneys will oversee this Competition.
- The laws of South Africa apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- Contact the Promoter: For any queries, do contact the Promoter’s Customer Service Centre on 086 030 0860 during operating hours: Monday to Friday, 07h00 to 17h00, excluding Public Holidays.
Participating Caltex service stations:
DURBAN – https://winwithcaltex.co.za/index.php/regional-participating-stations-dbn/
CAPE TOWN – https://winwithcaltex.co.za/index.php/regional-participating-stations-cpt/
*Disclaimer: Information was correct at time of publishing but may be subject to change.